Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Jumpin' Jiminy!

Today, while my sweet fiance was walking me to the subway stop, we had quite the bizarre experience. 

We had brought out little dog along for the walk and he's the sweetest, most gentle dog ever. He weighs 15 pounds and is all furry. How threatening is that?

This woman walking in the opposite direction of us on a crowded sidewalk jumped so far to get out of the dog's way that she ended up grabbing my arm tightly enough to scratch me with her fingernails. After babbling something in another language that I couldn't understand, she kind of scurried away as fast as she could.

This has happened a couple of times before to us when walking our dog (although I've never been injured from it before!) and I always wonder why these people are scared enough to visibly jump. Maybe it's a cultural thing to not be used to dogs? I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment