Sunday, May 2, 2010

Getting Nostalgic for My Alma Mater

A fellow friend posted the link to this music video on his facebook this afternoon, and watching it made me all nostalgic for my Hofstra days.





Even though my Hofstra experience was almost completely different from the one he sings about, I definitely know exactly what he's talking about and for the first time in a long while, I want to take a trip out there and visit the place where I grew up, so to speak. I just need an excuse to go. My friend Whitney is getting paid to choreograph for them in the fall, so that show should be just the excuse I need!

Even though I only lived there for four years, that part of my life will always be so special to me as the place where I found the training and confidence I needed to be successful in this crazy showbiz and as the place where I found my husband and many lifelong friends.

Here's to Hofstra U!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog after reading your recaps on weddingbee and I can't believe you went to Hofstra! I live literally 10 minutes away and use to go to plays there all the time in elementary school with my class. Are you originally from Long Island?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks for clicking over to read my blog! Yes, my husband and I met at Hofstra and we loved it there. Neither of us are from Long Island! Do you have a blog?

    ReplyDelete