Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Voters' Day!

So yeah, it's Election Day. Wooo!!

This year was my first year voting at an actual polling place, since I've only been old enough to vote in one other Presidental election and I was in school and using an absentee ballot in 2004. It was a lot more exciting getting to vote in person, let me tell you. You really feel like, for at least that one day, you getting up off your ass and pulling some levers might actually make a difference to someone or something.

I have to admit, voting in New York was a real hoot. The actual machine has this very 1960's vibe going on with its huge lever and little black dials. I laughed out loud when I noticed that all the way down the ticket on the Democratic side, the black dials were worn from fingers turning them for so many years. No such wear marks on the Republican knobs.

I had a lot of fun getting to vote for some Independents in the smaller categories, although I couldn't bring myself to vote for Bob Barr for President.

I'm staying in tonight to watch the results on TV, just in case the election doesn't go the way New Yorkers want it to and there's rioting in the streets. I wouldn't be suprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment