Thursday, December 11, 2008

Rainy Day Rumination

It's days like this that make living in New York City a battle, rather than an adventure. Oh, scratch that, every day living in New York City is a battle. Most days, it's a battle I win. On obnoxiously rainy days, it's a battle that's impossible to win.

I've also decided that you must be seriously inconsiderate to live here and think carrying around a golf-sized umbrella is a good idea. I mean, really. It's like driving a motorcycle with steel spikes sticking out from the sides around on the sidewalk and thinking that should be okay. Who do you think you are, golf-sized umbrella people? Not only do you end up possessing a disproportionate amount of precious New York City sidewalk room, but you also end up nearly decapitating me. My neck is right about bottom-of-the-umbrella level, people! And there are little spikes on that thing. Thanks.

I did see a totally awesome pair of boots at an audition, though. This girl actually had flamingo pink kitten heel galoshes. I snagged a picture because they were so cute and I didn't think anyone would believe me.


Here's to rainy days in New York City and to all the New York residents who survive urban flooding (that's an actual weather term I saw in a weather warning -- I love it!) and near-decapitation and STILL manage to set fashion trends.

2 comments:

  1. I hate it when people open their umbrellas in the subway stairs...I just wanna scream "wait till you get out so you don't hit anyone else around you!!!" Ugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kate! Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for posting a link to my blog on your page- your blog is really fantastic and I am proud to be a (small) part of it. I wish you the happiest and successful life in 2009!

    Erin =)
    http://theactorsenterprise.blogspot.com
    http://theatrdiva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete