Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Good weather guilt

The past few days that I've been to the gym, it as literally been overflowing with people. I usually go at around 10 or 11 in the morning or 2 or 3 in the afternoon (you know, when "normal" people are at work!) so that I can avoid the crowds. For some reason, I just can't work out when there are tons of people around. I start to feel like everyone's watching me and judging and I don't enjoy myself. Anyways, I've been heading to the gym at the same times I usually do, but even on the weekdays, it's been crazy in there for the past 3 or 4 days. I couldn't figure out why.

Until it dawned on me. The weather.

Saturday and Sunday were so gorgeous out here that I wore a sundress both days and we kept the windows to the apartment open for hours and hours.

The weather. That must be it. Everyone's suddenly starting to feel like they need their beach bodies back! I don't know if it's subconscious or not, but I think it's really interesting that even in this day and age, even in this ultra-modern and ultra-urban lifestyle of New York City, humans' actions are still so dictated by nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment