Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sobering Sightseeing

Today I took my family downtown to see the World Trade Center site because my mom wanted to see it before they built it up again.

They've already started building the Freedom Tower and it looks a lot different than the last time I was there (circa 2004), when it was still just a big hole with a pile of debris in it.

It's hard to imagine how people who were there felt that day, how positively terrifying it must have been for them. My mom mentioned that it would have been really easy to fake your own death that day and start a whole new life if you were looking for a way out, and that thought is kind've creepy, too.

I was pretty young when it happened, but I know life would be very different today if it weren't for that fateful morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment