Thursday, January 29, 2009

An open letter to Mr. Bloomberg

Dear Mr. Bloomberg,

We've never met, and even if we had, I doubt you would have taken my 5'4" stature and my perky strawberry blonde curls too seriously, but believe me, I know what I'm talking about.

Banning trans-saturated fats from menus in the city was a pretty shocking move, I've got to tell you. I mean, if people want to cause their own cardiac arrest, it's their perogative, in my humble opinion. I could almost see where you were coming from with that one, though.

This new low-salt initiative, on the other hand? What the fuck? Oh sure, for now it's completely voluntary that restaurants comply. For how long, though? I happen to like a lot of salt in my food. In case you were wondering, I also go to the gym 3-4 times a week and am in great shape. I don't have a sodium problem. And I don't need you telling me (or anyone from whom I choose to purchase my food) what I can and cannot eat. 

I'll give it to you that you have balls, Mike. Getting term limits voted down just to serve your own needs? That took skill. But leave my food the hell alone.

Sincerely,

One of your newest politically-interested residents.

No comments:

Post a Comment