Monday, January 19, 2009

Two Gentlemen of Verona

I apologize for once again going a little MIA for the past couple of weeks. I opened and closed my first Shakespeare production, "Two Gentlemen of Verona," in New York this past week at the American Theatre of Actors, the same theater where I performed in "Jekyll & Hyde."

I had a really great time getting to play Silvia, and an even better time getting to know my fellow castmates. I love that each time I perform, I add to my group of friends in The Biz. It's really comforting to have a little family out there, pushing as hard as I am, that is always as happy to run into me as I am to run into them.

Funny enough, Jamie (Julia in the show) and I worked on a shoot for MTV together today, the day after the show closed. And Danny (who played the Duke, my father) had an audition in the same building. It's such a small world.

Oh, and that bar I posted about a few months back, Uncle Vanya's? They still have Georgian wine and good old Russian hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment