Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Day One

I'm new to the world of blogging, so go easy on me. My experience thus far has been restricted to "oh my god, my life is so busy and hard" -esque livejournal entries, but I want this to be something that's much more.

I need an outlet for the crazy things I see and hear throughout my day. As they say, "only in New York.

Where else could I write about the outrage I felt at hearing a 16-year-old boy wolf whistle at me? Or the giggle I suppressed when a herd of cops with automatic weapons stepped aside to let me pass on the subway station steps and reassured me that "these are the safest stairs in the city, ma'am"?

Hopefully, I'll be able to capture some priceless moments on camera, as well. For now, I'll leave you with this gem that I mined riding the W downtown to 8th street the other day. I know it's dark and fuzzy, but it's hard to take a picture of someone without them noticing, okay?


That girl on the left has got some serious hair going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment