Thursday, July 17, 2008

War and Peace in Midtown



Today, during my many adventures, I was part of two very contrasting events. In one, we took the time to find inner and outer peace. In the other, factions at war were at the forefront.

The first was free yoga in Bryant Park. If you have never experienced it, you should. The setting is breathtakingly perfect for yoga practice...right in the middle of Midtown's peaceful oasis. And the price can't be beat. Seriously, guys. Tuesdays at 10 AM and Thursdays at 6 PM all summer long. I highly recommend it.

The second was a study in contrast. Apparently, the Dalai Lama was engaged to speak at Radio City Music Hall this afternoon and some members of a Buddhist sect took issue with that. There were a couple of hundred people chanting "Dalai Lama. Hypocrite!" and waving big signs claiming that the Dalai Lama discriminated against them. Now whether or not that's true is really more than I can judge, given the information I have. My guess is that the Dalai Lama is a pretty decent guy, though I could definitely be wrong. And I have been before.


So today you get two pictures because for them to both happen to me in one day was just too priceless to pass up.


No comments:

Post a Comment