Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Green Army in Bryant Park

I sat in Bryant Park for about two hours today and saw very little of interest, although I was approached by a Hare Krishna. Hooray.

According to the Bryant Park website, there are over 2,000 of these functional, if lacking in inspiration, green chairs scattered throughout the park. That's a shitload of chairs. Just imagine what they could do if they could organize. I mean, what couldn't a labor union comprised of over 2,000 green lawn chairs do, really? I just was amazed at that number. Alright, I'm done with the chairs now.

I also thought it was amusing the the lawn had to "rest" after having a big event take place there. What a peculiar wording on the sign that references why I couldn't sunbathe on the grass today.

No comments:

Post a Comment