Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Packed like purse-less sardines

Yesterday, while waiting for the correct train to take me home from an audition in L.I.C. Queens, I witnessed an instance of train crowding that truly made me laugh.

One woman was so insistent upon getting on the front car of this Jamaica-bound A train, that she shoved herself into an already-packed train that was literally so full that she couldn't get her purse inside with her. The doors closed and the straps of the purse were caught in them, leaving the woman on the inside of the train and her purse hanging outside. It was quite a sight; I really wish I had been able to get a picture.

She seemed pretty unperturbed, considering her valuables looked destined to make the trip flapping in the breeze. I had to laugh and wonder A. how often does this happen? and B. did everything she owns make it to the next stop in one piece?

Props to her for not caring what happens to her purse, as long as she got home from work on-time.

No comments:

Post a Comment