Monday, February 9, 2009

Urban treehouses

Has anyone seen the urban treehouses in Madison Square Park? There are something like a dozen of them, scattered throughout the trees, along with little signs explaining that they're somehow supposed to be considered art.

Now, I'm not sure how treehouses = art, but what I do know is that, come spring and summer months, those treehouses could fetch quite a premium rent. Throw a rope ladder out the door and you've got yourself quite a little financial investment there.

I mean, really! They look like pretty spacious studios for Midtown and they're in a great location. Park views, right across from the Flatiron building, no upstairs neighbors, a little private deck...I bet they could even have pets there!

I like to think of them as the new "it" summer places for all those investment bankers who can't afford the Hamptons this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment