Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Callbacks at an ex-Underground Railroad stop

Had a callback tonight for a play being presented at the 13th Street Rep Theatre, which is a cute little blackbox theatre that has been run for thirty-six years by a passionate and charming lady named Edith.

I'm thinking of trying to join the company even if I don't get cast in the play. The company was apparently voted "best off-off-broadway company to act with" in a 2006 publication (either Village Voice or Backstage, I can't remember). Edith was telling another girl there about how the theatre was built in the late 1700's (making it one of the oldest buildings in the Village) and at one point was used as a stop on the Underground Railroad, which I thought was so neat.

Just thought I'd give you all a little update on the acting part of my life, since this is, ostensibly, also a blog about being an actress in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment