Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Adding insult to injury

I've learned to become numb to a lot of crap that actors have to deal with in the few short months that I've been working in New York City. 

It no longer bothers me to be treated as a number at a cattle call audition.

It no longer bothers me that it's pretty much a given that I won't get seen at an EPA.

It no longer bothers me when I have to sit around for an hour waiting to audition because they're running so slow.

It no longer bothers me to get cut off halfway through a scene, pretty much knowing that's it.

It no longer bothers me to be labelled too short, too blonde, too pale, too ugly, too pretty even.

But what I still find particularly insulting is when I go into an audition and give it my all, only to see the same role (followed by "still seeking") posted on Actors Access the next day.

How rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment