Thursday, October 9, 2008

Financial Crisis

In a depressing little twist on how bad the money situation has gotten here in the United States, the National Debt Counter that I recently showed you a picture of (Entry: "Dollars and Sense") has made it into national news.

I stumbled across an article today informing the nation that because our debt has increased so exponentially, the counter has run out of spaces and they have now had to get rid of the dollar sign space and use it to add additional digits.


What a great time to be poor recent college grads trying to make it in The Big Apple.

On the other hand, I read an article on Variety Online today that said that film studios are getting ready to go into production on about 40 films for next year, despite the nearly year-long filming stagnation over strike fears. That's the silver lining in all of this, I guess. That, and the fact that at least we're not in Iceland. I feel for you, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment