Sunday, October 5, 2008

A little something magical

While walking home late one night from some babysitting adventure or another, I found myself walking past one of my favorite New York landmarks: the research branch of the New York Public Library. You know, the one with the big lions out in front (named Patience and Fortitude, interestingly enough). I was disappointed to learn that you can't actually check out books from this branch.

But I wasn't disappointed that night. While walking by, I noticed a solitary silvery shoe sitting all by itself about halfway down the main steps. It immediately reminded me of a fairytale...and though it was probably staged by someone who wanted to get a good laugh, I couldn't help but think that even if it was, I didn't mind a little "magic" in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment