Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Glamour at the New York Times Building


Last night, I was paid to work as an extra for the new NBC show "Kings." We were portraying opera guests and filming in the theatre within the New York Times building (who knew there was one of those?).

We were called in at 3 PM and I didn't get home until nearly 6 AM, so it was a long night, to say the least. It was my first night shoot and I can't say that I was a huge fan.

It was cool to get to be dressed up like a starlet, though. The trickiest part was them trying to find a dress small enough that didn't have the length to fit a real model. They did my hair all up like Audrey Hepburn, which ended up looking a lot better on me than I thought it would.

I can't say that I much like extra work, but it is nice to actually get paid and I love the costumes we get to wear. Being served "lunch" at one o'clock in the morning was a bit, weird, though. 

It will be airing sometime in January...I'll try to remember to remind you all to watch NBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment