Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Can I get a side of irony with my glass of wine?

As most of you are probably aware, tonight's debate was hosted by none other than my alma mater, Hofstra University.

Since I was eager to see the debate taking place on a campus so near and dear to my heart, (after my show got out at 10) we ran across the street and sat down at the bar to catch the last half of the action.

The specials included a Georgian red wine, which I was inclined to order simply to get a heaping dose of irony with my debate-watching. I was sitting in a Russian bar drinking Georgian wine and wondering if that whole invasion shenanigan wasn't just about booze.

We also just happened to be sitting next to the costume designer for Disney's "The Suite Life of Zach and Cody," which was cool because we got to pick her brain for a few minutes.

So, all in all, it was a great experience. I walked into the place wanting to scope out a bar named after a Chekov play and catch the end of the debate, and I walked out having enjoyed a $13 glass of irony and some uplifting conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment